Utilizing all the tools available in Google My Business (GMB) is our #1 recommendation starting off 2020 for any business that depends on local search for new customers, patients or clients. With smart phone and Google Maps search growing every year, users have come to rely on Google for answers to their search query questions. It doesn't matter who your audience is, how big your company is, and it doesn't require a huge budget. We discussed what a Google My Business post is in our last article. Now let's look at the benefits of GMB posts.
- Improves Visibility on Google Maps and Search – The Google 3-pack offers high visibility for businesses. It displays below paid ads, but above organic results. If you can get on the first page of the Google My Business Panel you have a great chance to attract new customers. If you can get into the coveted 3-Pack, studies have shown you have the greatest chance of being selected.
- Your Customers Can Find You Easier – Many of your potential customers/clients search while in route. With an optimized GMB profile customers can type in your name, a category you're in , or use voice search to find you and get directions sent straight to their phone.
- Track Your Results – Using UTM parameters along with Google Analytics allows you to track how well your post performs and how it affects traffic to your website. Find out which posts your customers like most.
- Offer Promotions – Post provide a very economical way to see what motivates your customer base and brings in new business. Experiment with types of offers, when you run them, how long they last. Don't let this valuable tool go unused.
Google My Business Posts offer you the chance to stand out from your competition and similar businesses near you. Consumers are relying more and more on local search to find the services and products they need nearby, whether it's a place for lunch, find a realtor, buy a dress, where is the nearest dentist, or who builds websites. Here are a few tips to help increase your business visibility.
- Images you post reflect your business, use high quality images.
- Alternate using the call now, learn more, buy now buttons to see what your customers respond to.
- When you use a learn more, sign up, buy button make sure you have a custom landing page that matches your post content.
- Post at least once per week.
- Optimize the images you post with geo tags, meta descriptions and keywords so Google understands what they are.
- Share your business profile and ask for reviews.
- Respond to all messages, questions and reviews to improve engagement.
At Ten Peaks Media we strive to provide helpful, usable information that will help businesses thrive. Click the Subscribe to this blog post link above now so you don't miss out on information and tips that can help take your business to the next level.