What is the #1 ROI Strategy for a Local Business?
At Ten Peaks Media we're often asked this question. Our answer – Google My Business optimization and consistent monthly strategy.
- Local Search and Organic Search deliver greater ROI than other digital marketing channels
- Local Search and Organic Search deliver the highest quality leads
- Local Search delivers more clicks and calls than other marketing channels
The goal of any optimization and GMB strategy is to get your business in the Google Maps 3-pack for relevant keywords.Here's why that's important.
88% of consumers who search for a local business on their smart phone will visit that business within 24 hours and according to Google, 28% of these local searches result in a purchase
Ranking in the top 3 spots on Google Maps leads to:
- Increase in phone calls
- Increase in profile views
- Increase in website visits
- Increase in driving directions to your business location
We've got to learn to think like Google and understand the 3 main components of the local search algorithm.
- Proximity – physical distance of a business from the user
- Relevance – the degree to which your listing matches what the user is searching for
- Prominence – the strength of your business website in terms of SEO (links, content, SERP optimization, local directory citations, etc.)
Where do you start?
1. Complete every item in your Google My Business profile
2. Verify your Local Citation listings
3. Manage reviews and Q&A
4. Upload photos and videos on a weekly strategic schedule
5. Schedule weekly post that will increase and contribute to relevance
6. Make sure your website speed is good for both desktop and mobile
7. Ensure your homepage has your main keyword and location in the title
8. Give each service/product its own page
While optimizing your GMB page and implementing a consistent strategy may seem simple, simple doesn't mean easy. This is a manual and repetitive process. If you have multiple locations time spent is multiplied. This takes diligence, calendaring, commitment, and time.
We have the knowledge and tools to increase your ranking in local search and help drive revenue to your business.
Give us a call today or set-up a virtual Zoom to learn more about how we can Start Something Great Together.