Of all the media services we offer to our clients, the most common question I've been asked in 2018 still remains..."Is video really that important to my marketing plan?"
Allow me to share some data with you and then let's see what conclusion you come up with to answer YES or NO to this question for yourself. Below is a compiled list of stats from many of the most prominent and well-known media sources today.
How important is video to your brand's success?
- 65% of businesses plan to add video to their marketing plan.
- 99% of businesses currently using video plan to continue.
- 84% of consumers surveyed were convinced to buy a product after watching a video.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message watching video vs. 10% when reading in text.
- On average, each American business will spend $20,000 on video marketing this year.
- 76% of businesses report an increase in video traffic due to video.
- 80% of all global traffic is consuming video content.
- Companies using video saw their revenue increase 49% faster.
- 80% of users say they can recall a video ad they've seen in the past 30 days because of the visual nature of video.
- 30-second video ads have a 30% higher view-through rate than 15-second ads.
- 72% of consumers prefer video to learn about a product or service over text.
- 59% of Senior Executives prefer video over text.
- 95% of people have watched an educational video to learn more about a product or service.
- 90% of people report that videos are helpful in the decision-making process.
- 83% of businesses say their home page video is effective.
Video marketing is growing at an astounding rate because more than ever Americans are consuming educational and entertainment content on their computers and mobile devices. Just think for a moment how much you enjoy watching YouTube or the last time you were thankful there was a video explaining more about a service or person.
Another success factor is the quality of equipment now available. Just a few years ago, it would have cost thousands of dollars to shoot and gather aerial video from a helicopter - a task that can now be completed with a $1500 drone and pilot's license. Just this simple element add so much to the interest of a film (see recent drone film below from 10 Peaks Media as example.)
The cameras used by our team at 10 Peaks Media film in 4k and even 5k, giving amazing clarity and beauty, making the end product even that much more enjoyable to view for the consumer or customer.
3 TIPS TO REMEMBER
- Producing a quality video is not an easy task. By working with a professional agency like 10 Peaks Media, you will have seasoned cinematographers, producers, post-production editors and CEO-level counsel. Our team will guide you on ideas, script, talking points and location PLUS oversee your production from start to finish.
- Because many of our clients have never been on film before, the main comment we get is "wow that wasn't as scary as I thought". Our team of Producers are highly skilled in maximizing your efforts on camera and knowing how to ease you into being in front of the camera and delivering your message in a concise and professional manner.
- Finally, after your video is complete, it's equally important to have a company like 10 Peaks Media who knows how to properly market your videos on YouTube, Google, Facebook, Instagram or other social channels and ensure your videos are properly loaded on your website and tagged with the correct keywords and SEO set-up, so that you maximize your success and investment.
If you are considering adding video to your marketing this year, give us a call at 830-388-8110 for a complimentary consult or drop us an email to Josh@TenPeaksMedia.com to learn more about our services.